MOTHER'S DAY | Q & A
It's a family affair at Pia Rossini HQ!
We asked our in-house buyer - Kirsty - a few questions about her mum, Debbie AKA CEO of Pia Rossini.
Here's what she had to say...
1. What is your most cherished memory / favorite moment you have shared with your mum?
My favourite memory with my mum was my 21st birthday to New York. I had wanted to go to New York for a long time and I loved it from the minute I arrived. We had such fun shopping, sight –seeing and even fitted in a music concert. Due to the favourable currency conversion at the time I bought my first designer jacket. I will always look back and cherish this trip and time with my mum.
2. How does your mum inspire you?
My mum has been an inspiration for me and has taught me everything I know. I’m very lucky we have a close relationship as my mentor and my friend. My mum has always had a sharp eye for design and trends. My granny is also an inspiration to me and was also a buyer; she still follows the latest fashion trend reports, fashion and design is in our blood.
3. What's the best fashion advice your mum has ever given you?
To create my own style and not be led by fashion fads.
4. Has your mum always been glamorous or has there been a faux pas or two along the way?!
I have seen some photographs with some dodgy hair styles and dungarees!
5. What will you be giving her for mother's day?
I will be treating her to lunch, I like to make memories with my mum as well as giving her a gift.
6. What do you love most about your mum?
That we can work together every day and still are best friends! I think our relationship has evolved since I started working in the company and that we have mutual respect for each other.